Contact DJ om acim4me@live.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, December 3, 2023

BACK: The old models of Leadership are crumbling!


Written on LinkedIn

This.
Came across this post by Chance Marshall on LinkedIn
and it deeply resonated. I go back to work after a horrible and frightening month of illness. In the last 12 months I have been thrown from pillar to post by health problems. And I am not afraid to say that this, along with national and international events have crashed upon me with a weight that had been hard to put into words. But I am grateful. I am still here with family and real friends. And while some may think this should be a Facebook post I am glad someone had the bravery to say what Chance said. It is not easy being an empath. Neither do I want the strings playing for what I write, because in spite of many factors I promise I will always do my best to be kind, always write with authenticity and lean, no plunge. into my vulnerability. Yes, this is a site for "professional networks", but it has humans on it too. I return to work with my values intact. People before profit. Empathy rather than sympathy. Heart based leadership. Compassion. Respect. Justice. Fairness. Working together and leading through learning. Ethical. Transparent. The sense of humour and to paraphrase a quote I will continue speaking up for all of this though my voice quivers. Thanks Chance. The old models of hashtagleadership are crumbling. hashtagmentalhealth hashtagauthenticity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. It will shortly be reviewed. Namaste! DJ

Featured Post

The simple act of kindness.

How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...