Contact DJ om acim4me@live.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

All revolutions start with volunteers


BLM LDN on Twitter: "Lovely to see the support. Hope to see you ...


What an amazing thing to see volunteers around the world march in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter Movement.

In my own city Brisbane, 30, 000 people volunteered to march on Saturday.

I was not one of them. This time due to health reasons. And I know they face criticism due to covid-19 reasons around social distancing during this time.This is not for me to debate here and now.

Yet the volunteering sector is always so quiet when it comes to this type of activism. The Volunteer Management sector never seems to involve itself around the issues of the day when it comes to social justice.

Yet we seem to forget that civil rights, for example, only came about due to the efforts of volunteers.
But we play it safe. Rather than grasp the opportunity it provides to our sector.

Susan J Ellis was always ahead of her time. I wish she were here now.

“Remember, no one gets paid to rebel. All revolutions start with volunteers.

 This is my favourite Susan quote.

Volunteers are challenging the status quo right now. Are we as a sector keeping up with what is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. It will shortly be reviewed. Namaste! DJ

Featured Post

The simple act of kindness.

How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...