Relieved to see that AAVA, the professional body for volunteer managers in Australasia have at last, posted some info on who won the AAVA 2010 Volunteer Manager Award of Excellence.
This is what their website says
Heather is the General Manager of Volunteering Waikato in New Zealand and she is recognized for the following attributes:
• Ability to take the organisation from where it was to a different/better place through exceptional management of volunteers
• Contribution to expanding the profile and recognition of volunteering within and beyond her organisation
• Influence with funders and partner organisations
• Effectiveness in increasing the organisations capacity to support local communities
• Invests in engaging with groups that might otherwise be taken for granted or marginalised e.g. youth, new migrations, people in rural and remote towns
• Lives and breathes volunteering
• Strong creative management examples supporting her application
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...
One of my favorite quotes is “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.” You may never know the profound...
You make a difference in the dash. Life is short. In the scheme of things this oft quoted saying must be true. Our planet has been here f...
Change management is a process that has been around for some time however, I have only recently become aware that there are consultants who ...