Contact DJ om acim4me@live.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, July 30, 2010

This Volunteer Management Blog I believe will end when there is

• Recognition of volunteer management in the workplace
• An understanding of volunteer management in the community
• Consultation with volunteer management on volunteerism issues

I believe we as a sector are seriously falling down on all the above.

Inert activity when it comes to volunteer management abounds.

I encourage anyone from any organisation with a connection to volunteer management to engage in the dialogue of volunteer management here on this site.
True, it’s a humble little blog. But its 1,500 unique visitors since the end of March happen to come back for a peak!

I accept I am “rocking the boat” I accept being labeled a “trouble maker” by those who will not critique the progress of the Volunteer Management sector due to their own unique interests and I accept that the “niceness” of people in volunteer management is so holding back the sector.

Nevertheless I want to state that this is not a “box” I want to be placed in. I don’t fancy being pigeon holed either. Indeed I am looking forward to letting go of this blog and starting one on politics! LOL! Where’s the difference??


Again – what is my motivation? This blogs Raison d’être. I was once in the situation of being unrecognized, under resourced, and undervalued as a manager of volunteers. I put in strategies that overcame this. I now feel I am valued and respected where I work and I also have drawn the conclusion that respect for volunteer management equates to respect for the volunteer contribution within organisations.

Recognition of volunteer management = recognition of volunteers = recognition of volunteerism.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a trouble maker DJ Cronin!!! Keep stirring the pot. You are not done yet. The world needs to be educated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message. It will shortly be reviewed. Namaste! DJ

Featured Post

The simple act of kindness.

How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...