Contact DJ om acim4me@live.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reluctance to talk

I would love to explore where our reluctance to talk comes from. Stats so far from this blog indicate 40 vistors a day. Still very small I know but it would be wonderful if even 25% made a comment! Yea.. I am being optimistic. Ive seen the stats on who engages, who post occasionally and who lurk. The lurkers being the majority at close to 90% if memory serves me right.

Nevertheless, I say, as a new blogger, 40 a day!!!!! Wow!

Just need more people commenting! Why? so we are not seen as the same old voices!!!! Thats why!

1 comment:

  1. The traditional volunteer manager doesn't comment on blogs -- and doesn't blog him and herself. When I ask them why, face-to-face, they say:
    -- our organization has a written policy that prevents me from writing anything online as a representative of this organization
    -- I'm too nervous of putting myself "out there"
    -- I don't have anything to say

    Ofcourse, there are a myriad of ways around the written policy issue. But the last two -- I don't know. I've begged, I've pleaded, I've posted incredibly provocative topics just to get a rise out of people... but most traditional volunteer managers suffer from an insecurity complex that I'm not sure how to help them overcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message. It will shortly be reviewed. Namaste! DJ

Featured Post

The simple act of kindness.

How we learn from our children! This post was inspired by an act of my daughter. When her mum arrived at work today she found this...